Thursday, May 1, 2008
Me.. Opinionated?
I was spending some time with a friend yesterday and she told me she doesn't let her husband read my blog any more because it stresses him out. At first I was a bit confused. So I asked her to explain further. I guess her hubby finds my blog rather "opinionated" and he thinks "I am going to get in trouble". I was still confused. I asked "By who would I get in trouble with?" She didn't know. So whenever these types of things happen I always talk to Bob about them. I asked him if he thought I was too opinionated? He said "No.. not really". I asked him if he understood the whole getting into trouble business? He thinks our friends notion of trouble was not "trouble" trouble. But rather conflict with the Body. Since some of my views are not traditional, I may step on some toes and some believers around us may want to "fix" my errant (in their opinion) thinking. Now being confronted by friends is no stranger to us so I think our friend has a point. There is a "risk" in sharing some of what I share. There are many different types of blogs out there; some are meant to encourage, some challenge, some provide a laugh, some are a conglomeration. I guess I look at this blog as a sort of on-line journal. A place to share not only the happenings of my home and family but also my heart. Sometimes I write with the purpose of encouragement others other times I am intentionally trying to provide an alternative opinion. It has never been my desire to be hurtful and I am always sharing out an overflow of what is going on in me. I think that like Matt said in his comment this is "therapy" for me. It is a place where I feel the freedom to honest.. with out any external pressures (Bob would say internal pressures) to be any certain way. My hope is that even if you find yourself disagreeing with me you will stick around. I thinks it is always good to be challenged.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Personally, Annee, I enjoy being around people or reading the thoughts of people who challenge my current way of thinking. Keep up the good work.
Missy
Annee,
You know I LOVE talking with you and hearing and/or reading your thoughts! Keep 'em comin'!! Thanks again for the fun time yesterday.
Love,
Jamie :0)
Post a Comment