
Last night while my hubby was reading to the children I prepared the dough. I waited 18 hours and continued to follow the directions. As soon as I dumped my dough onto my floured surface I realized my dough seemed really sticky. It was impossible to fold and even more impossible to shape into a ball. The directions call to use as little flour as possible and to gently and quickly shape into a ball. HA... I had to beat it to a pulp with like a cup of flour to get it in a ball. So here is my end result.
Notice it's flat Boboli like shape. Wanna come for dinner? Maxine won out this time around.
1 comment:
Hmmmm . . . the dough is pretty sticky - Maybe try sprinkling the counter and the top of the dough a little more than lightly when you first turn it onto the counter for its 15 minute rest. I usually literally dip my fingers into the flour before I do my folding (dip, fold, dip, fold . . .). When you shape it into a ball you're really just kind of tucking the edges under the bottom and it will not literally be a big round ball - it'll be more like a mounded half ball :)
I've had a few flops too but keep trying - I promise you, it's worth it!!!
Post a Comment