I have come to the conclusion that people that adopt are a little coo coo. Now before I get hate mail hear me out. I read a lot of blogs. Especially the blogs of fellow adoptive families. It seems like every time I turn around another family is doing something that makes no sense in the world's eyes; adopting 3 more children when they already have 7, starting orphanages across the world, creating NGO's that will help the impoverished with micro loans, raising money for wells in Africa, selling all and quiting good jobs to serve in a far away land. Phew... that represents only what a handful of people are doing!
So my current ponder is "were all these families a little different to begin with or is it the process of adoption that made them different?" I could argue it either way because there is no doubt that adoption changes you! Many families who adopt travel to the homeland of their children and for the most part they are going to countries that have poverty like we do not know here in America. Seeing such extreme poverty is enough to rock anyones' foundation. It makes you want to do more. But then again as I hear the stories of adoptive families over and over I hear about how God placed something in their hearts.. a concern, an ache for orphans or a people group. This was often many years before adoption was even a possibility. In the case of my husband and I, it was this little seed that caused us to open our homes and hearts to two strangers. Many people thought we were crazy.. our marriage wasn't perfect (whose is?) and we still owed like 35k in students loans. Like the chicken and the egg question I don't think I will ever know what came first? But I do know it's exciting to see how God is using his Body in so many unique ways. I am thankful for all of you out there that are willing to be a little off in the head for Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You certainly have a way with words, my friend. BTW, you have GOT to change your music (at least the start song), it startles me everytime and it doesn't really go with the off in the head for Jesus post :o)
You know I'm just messin' with you.
Toodles,
Missy
Missy,
I think you are the only person that reads my blog these days. :) But I fixed the playlist so "that" song is last. At some point here I will have enough posts that it won't even come up on the homepage unless you are specifically reading older posts.
Hey, I read your blog too - although it was kind of boring there for a while. (Although, I did like seeing that crazy picture of C every time I would open it up) :-) I'm glad to see you are back.
I like the Simple Woman's Daybook idea. What a great snapshot of life.
He's working on making us and changing us into Coo coos for JC! (Although, we'll hold off on the adoption thing at this point. :-))
Post a Comment