Monday, October 13, 2008

100 Things... about me

Phew. I made it. It's been a slow go to get to this one hundredth post. FYI I am including posts from my old Xanga blog. So in the grand tradition of blogging here are 100 things about me in no particular order...

1. I am an only child.
2. I am allergic to cats and dogs.
3. When I was little I wanted to be a Ballerina.
4. Then I wanted to Marine Biologist.
5. Then I wanted to be a Doctor.
6. I never though I would be a stay at home mom.
7. I was vehemently opposed to homeschooling for many years.
8. I was homeschooled in 5th grade and hated it.
9. I was born in California.
10. I lived in Maine for most of my childhood.
11. In high school I interviewed Tipper Gore for the school newspaper.
12. I have never played on a sports team.
13. I am scared of balls.
14. My junior year in high school I missed something like 57 days of school for health issues.
15. In high school I though only slackers attended state college.
16. My guidance councilor made me apply to the University of Maine.
17. I ended up attending the University of Maine because I couldn't afford anything else.
18. I took a ballet class, a voice class, and a British Lit. class in college for fun.
19. I was an underachiever in college.
20. My favorite color is blue.
21. I love shopping for clothes.
22. I struggle keeping my cool when I am angry.
23. I cry ALL the time.
24. I love books.
25. I love to travel.
26. I love Montreal.
27. I am a French major that has never been to France. Someday I WILL go.
28. I also really want to go to Greece.
29. I also want go to Africa again.
30. If I could have any talent I do not possess it would be the ability to preform in musical theater.
31. When I was pregnant with C and N each time I gained close to 60 pounds.
32. I never loved nursing my children but did it because I knew it was good for them.
33. I like to eat.
34. I love Mexican food.
35. I love Cheese.
36. I love Ice Cream.
37. I would choose pie over cake any day.
38. I love going to new restaurants.
39. I wish Bob and I went out more with out the kids.
40. If I could go back in time Bob and I would have gone in debt for one really good vacation before we had children.
41. I would move back to Maine in an instant if God opened a door.
42. I miss hearing French at the grocery store.
43. My Memere has been gone for 7 months and I still cry about it often.
44. Despite all we did for my Memere I still find myself beating myself up for the things I did not do.
45. If I could back in time I would do a bunch of things differently with my wedding and not care what family thought.
46. I love to sleep.
47. I like to have a lot of space when I am sleeping.
48. Someday I want to live in a big city.
49. I can barely swim.
50. I love exploring new towns.
51. For years I though my husband had lost his mind because he did not hold a futurist end times view.
52. Our fighting about it caused problems in our marriage.
53. Now I don't care what his end times view is.
54. I struggle with my beliefs about caring for the poor and wanting "stuff".
55. I accepted Jesus into my heart at the age of 8.
56. Campus Crusade for Christ, though imperfect, helped me grow in my relationship with the Lord.
57. I was ashamed of being a Christian in high school.
58. I like to plan things.
59. Over the past few years I have developed an immunity to Benadryl.
60. My husband thinks I make great chili.
61. Fall is my favorite time of the year.
62. I think that if I comprehended my identity in Christ I would live differently.
63. I am a very honest person.
64. I like long soaks in the tub.
65. I dislike doing yard work.
66. I would love to own an old huge white house with green shutters in Maine.
67. I like to talk on the phone.
68. I would like to go to graduate school someday and get good grades.
69. I still think that Jars of Clay's self titled album in one of the best albums ever.
70. I love the coast (Atlantic and Pacific).
71. I crashed my roommates car in college around the corner from our apartment.
72. As a young women I found too much of my security in having a relationship with a boy.
73. I love shoes.
74. Both of my parents are disabled and have been my whole life.
75. I wish learned the value of motherhood as a young women.
76. I think that I will struggle with my weight the rest of my life.
77. I like to dance but am self conscious when I do.
78. My husband first told me he loved on the roof of my apartment in Old Town, Maine.
79. I like to eat vegetables.
80. I spend too much time on the computer.
81. My children can run further than me.
82. My first car was a Nissan truck.
83. As a teenager I once snuck out of the house and walked to Ames with a friend to buy beads.
84. I drank my first beer ever on Beers Alley.
85. I get mad at people who don't take care of their elderly.
86. I was a candy striper in middle school.
87. My mother made me wear tights in eighth grade. I was so embarrassed.
88. I am a back rub junkie.
89. I have a hard time sleeping sitting up.
90. I like to shower every day.
91. Someday I want to go on long trips in a motor home.
92. Chocolate peanut butter ice cream is the best.
93. Now that I have children I enjoy time by myself more than I used to.
94. I gave birth to a baby that was 10lbs 7 oz.
95. I love the smell of real Lilies of the Valley.
96. I skipped school one day and went to the Old Port in Maine.
97. I once was accused of skipping school by a jerk vice principal when I was at gifted and talented math and science.
98. I have a tendency to get depressed and overwhelmed.
99. I am almost 5'7.
100. I have a lot of gray hair for only being 31.

Wow! That was harder than I thought. Did you enjoy it?

3 comments:

Erin said...

You did a great job w/that list. Since we got to spend time together in Liberia, I already knew we like a lot of the same things but now I know I like even more things about you. And as for visiting France, why don't we meet there some day in the future?
Keep in touch.
Erin

Faith said...

I enjoyed getting to know you better!

Bethany said...

Wow I loved this. I might just do one of my own on my blog, when I have time LOL
I was struck that you were ashamed to be a Christian in High School. I wasn't a Christian in High School and didn't accept the Lord until I was 21. BUT all my memories of you from High School are that you were very sweet, compassionate, and fun. The Lord was evident in your life!