Friday, July 18, 2008

Dear Bob...10 years, NO WAY! .

Parental Guidance Suggested- The following Playlist contains a song that is not appropriate for little ears. Perhaps if are a Puritan, one of my old students or just sensitive to "certain" things than you too should be sure your speakers are off or you skip that song. If you are wondering why I even included it is because I am making a statement. Every day we are bombarded with lies about sex. I hear a lot of Christians speaking out about these lies but little is said about the Truth of sex. Sex in the context of the marriage relationship is what God Himself intended. This could be a whole post in itself...

Alrighty Bob, I guess we are that old. It just seems like yesterday I walked down that aisle. I still remember the smile on your face as I walked towards you. You looked so handsome in your tux. Everyone was so impressed when we started our marriage off with a prayer. Little did they know that not only were you asking for God's blessing on our life together but you were also taking the opportunity to peek down my dress.. I guess the secret is out ;) We were SO young and hopeful. We really had no clue the roads that God was going to take our green Jeep Cherokee on. I am still wondering how it is possible that we have been on the left coast for 9 years? Dude, and just where did these four children come from?

I know I have been hard on you on your lack of "romance". As a women I am drawn to the fairytale notions of romance; flowers, jewels, and candlelight. But honestly the most romantic thing that has ever been done for me was the way the you cared for Mem. My heart still swells with love at all the sacrifice you made during those weeks out of love for me. Really when it comes down to it there is no one else that I would rather have by side through the joys and the pain of everyday life!! Happy Anniversary. I love you ordinary Bob, community boy, mis esposo, HHBL.

Two paragraphs don't feel like enough words to celebrate 10 years of marriage so here is a little musical tribute to our life together.




1 comment:

Bethany said...

Oh what a sweet post! Happy 10 years guys! That's awesome! God is good!