I am not a big cake person. In fact I usually request something other than cake for my birthday; pie, cheesecake, brownies or an ice cream cake. However, I am a big fan of chocolate. Unfortunately if either one of these cakes are in my house I have no problem eating them (especially if there is ice cream too). JAZ the one you enjoyed is the first one :)
Aunt Rita's Chocolate Cake
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup cold water
1 tablespoon vanilla
Sift the first 5 ingredients together. Add the rest of the ingredients and then stir until smooth. Beat for two minutes. Pour into an un-greased 8x8 pan and bake at 350* for 35 minutes.
When I make this recipe I always double it and make it in an 9x13 pan.
$100 cake
3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
6 heaping tablespoons of cocoa
1 1/2 cups cold water
3 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
Stir the first 5 ingredients and then add the vanilla and water. Stir in the mayonnaise last.
Bake at 350*
2 9" pans 30 min
bundt pan 35-40 minutes
When the cake is cool dust with powdered sugar.
I am convinced that the $100 cake is better but Aunt Rita's cake is made more often because is doesn't have anything it that N is allergic to. If you try one or both of these let me know what you think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you so much! YUMMY!!! And thanks for the GREAT time at your house Friday! We were blessed.
Love you,
Jamie :0)
What is all this? Sugar? White flour? and worst of all mayonnaise?
Just kidding. I love a good chocolate cake. But really, mayonnaise?
Post a Comment