Last Friday was Mr. P's birthday. We decided that since our adoption support group was gathering we would just bring a cake and a pinata and call it a party. This is the second birthday that P has celebrated with us and last year he just didn't get it. However this year he understood that the day was about him and he enjoyed all the festivities.
I am so thankful that this little man is a part of our family. His dark chocolate eyes and infectious giggles just melt my heart. We have this little game we play where he will come up to me and say "You kiss my nose" and after I do he says "I kiss your nose" and we go back and forth laughing and kissing. He certainly is not the same child we met in Liberia nearly two years ago. He still has his moments where he reverts back to the scared boy trying to block out all the craziness of his life but the change is remarkable. I look forward to seeing the boy and man he is going to become.
OOPS.. I uploaded the wrong video. P is more interested in his loot from his pinata than in performing for me. I will leave it up because it is still cute and it took so long to load.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment